I'm such a bloggin' slacker! But I've also been.... packing up old house, moving into new house, planning a wedding (or at least taking calls from my mother who is planning the wedding), making and decorating cakes, church, spending time with my beloved, staring at my wedding dress, attending showers and rockin' Bachelorette parties, and making our new house a home. It's been a very exciting, stressful, crazy busy few months, but in only 2 months (hopefully) it will calm down some. Because in 2 months... I will be Mrs. Laura Johnson! Oh my... how weird does THAT look? Laura Williams... Laura Johnson. I feel like a 13yr old girl writing her crushes last name on the front of her notebook. Wait, do 13yr old girls do that anymore? Nah, they probably text it to their friends, or write it on their Ipads, or something. Well, I'm old school, and I've had fun practicing my new name. Hard to believe that this time last year, I didn't even know Randy. I was going through life, quite miserable and lonely to be honest. It's just amazing how God cares for His children. I had decided that I would be single forever, and I knew that I would be OK, but just wasn't sure what that life would look like. I'm usually optimistic, a "glass half full" kinda gal, and just content wherever I am, but it takes an extremely strong woman to go through life independently... and I just wasn't sure I was THAT strong. I wanted to be a mom, I wanted someone I could rely on to mow the grass, kill the ginormous spiders in the bathroom, change my oil, make dinner for, tell I love them 20times a day, and so on... I wasn't sure God remembered to take care of me. But then I got a phone call from a man who I could never have dreamed up. My dream man, is pathetic compared to Randy. So even though my dream came true that blessed day when this man told me he loved me and wanted to marry me... my dream will be complete in 2 months when we say "I Do."
Yesterday, we attended our church's services and boy was it a good day for church! The morning was great, but the night service was beyond awesome. There is a sweet mid-30's couple who has been hit with cancer. Our church gathered, prayed, and supported this couple at the end of service, praying this evil disease is wiped out by prayer. Although the wife was the one dealing with the illness, I prayed specifically for the husband too. It's one thing to endure the chemo, radiation treatments, sickness, etc..., but it's also taxing on the husband as he is seemingly helpless- not able to fight the cancer himself. Watching his wife in pain, suffering with her. We also prayed for another sweet couple who have been married 46 years. She has been in the hospital for the last several months and unconscious the last few weeks. The husband has prayerfully and tirelessly sat by her hospital bed, hoping for healing. Although he continues to pray for peace, he had to take away parts of the life support. How does anyone get past that pain and heartache? I can't imagine. I praise the Lord for a man, who would sit by my hospital bed, who I completely trust to know when to let me go, and when to fight for my healing. The vows of "better or for worse, in sickness and in health..." are not something I will take lightly. I have no idea how difficult or easy marriage will be, but these two couples are evidence that marriage is a partnership, a commitment, a covenant in which the Lord has created.
But for now, I will enjoy this process, the excitement of a youn... er umm sorta young couple beginning a life together and loving every moment of being a wife. So for only 2 more months, Laura Williams signing off:)....
1 comment:
You will always be LKW to me...I will try to remember to add the J, though...Love you!
Post a Comment