and I haven't written about anything interesting.... how have you people been able to entertained yourselves? I really don't have anything specific, but just a bunch of randoms... and hopefully some helpful advice.
Tuesday we watched our new president, #44, take his oath into the White House. #43 is gone. It's sounds like a fast food drive-through order isn't it? Although I think Bush did not make the wisest choices, I still did not question the moral standings our country was in. I will pray for Obama, that he will seek the Lord in his decisions, will be conservative, and will give a little more peace to our country. We have seen a historical moment, and no matter what political stance you have, you can't help but get a little excited to witness a moment that can say we were a part of. 
Next order of business.... I am pretty easy to please. I get excited about small things, especially home appliances. I was beyond thrilled to receive a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. It's a strange quirk of mine, and I don't usually have stuff to complain about. However, there is a first for everything. My alarm clock had been acting up, and wasn't very predictable. I've had it since high school, and I figured it was about time to grow up and get a new alarm clock. Something reliable and classy... and without a kitten sticker. Well, oddly enough, I was very excited Friday night when I had the opportunity to go to Target and purchase a new alarm clock. I searched the isles trying to find the perfect clock with a radio (I can't stand the horrible buzzing... ugh), that was small and sleek. THEN to my amazement I found the perfect alarm clock. It was called the "Classy Clok." I was very excited to get the compact, sleek clock home and replace my bulky, ugly, unreliable clock. I plugged it in, and attempted to read the pathetic directions that came with it. Now understand that I am still overjoyed with my purchase, and excused the pathetic directions as my stupidity to not understand them. I set the alarm, and went to bed. Saturday, it woke me up perfectly! I was delighted to have such an appliance in MY bedroom! Well, my day went on, and I set my alarm again to wake me Sunday morning.... Sunday morning came, and I woke naturally as the sunlight poured in my room... 30 mins after my alarm was supposed to go off. Again, I thought "Ok, I just didn't set it correctly. It does take a few days to get used to something new. We only have just become acquainted." I play with it a bit, and what do you know... the stupid buttons don't work, the volume is blaring, I can't turn it down, and the dumb thing won't turn off! I rip the cord out of the wall to shut it up! I think to myself "Ok, so maybe just this one is defective." I go online to Target to read the reviews, and 23 out of 23 reviews said the same thing... "this product is horrible." "After 2 days it quit working." And so on.... Luckily when I took it back to Target, they were gracious and gave me my money back. My advice... don't buy the "Classy Clok" and read reviews before you buy a product. I added my own review to Target's website.... #24. A bad review for me is rare, and the need to post such is even more rare. I'm so proud of myself for speaking out:-)
On to more fun advice. Since Valentine's Day (aka Single's awareness day:) is not far on the horizon, and you want some romantic, sweet music to listen to check out Andy Davis. He is an artist out of Nashville, and although young, very talented and relaxing. He's also clean- which you don't find too often. He's a combination of Jack Johnson, John Mayer, and the crooner style of Micheal Buble. Check out Andy Davis www.andydavisonline.com - his music is the perfect adage to a romantic date, dancing, or just a calming night. For some fun Valentine's Day kid projects, go to Martha Stewarts website, because she has the neatest ideas for kids and for adults! Geezz people... it's Martha Stewart! Happy Thursday!
1 comment:
That is crazy about the clock! What a terrible product for ALL the reviews to be bad!
I'm listening to Andy Davis on the website.... I like it! Sounds like good bath accompaniment music!
Post a Comment