Monday, February 2, 2009

A Cute 2yr Old and a Snow Day!

I went home this weekend for John Parker's 2nd birthday! He was so cute opening his gifts, eating cake, and playing! I also want to brag on his parents! John Parker is naturally sweet anyway, but as a 2yr old, the expectations for a young child should be a bit lower- however my nephew has raised the stakes for all children everywhere. Each time he received a gift, he sincerely looked at the giver of the gift and said "thank you." PEOPLE HE'S TWO!!! He also gave hugs, told everyone he loved them, and would sweetly take you by the finger and say "walk." If you can't tell, I am extremely proud to be his aunt. Here are just a couple pictures of his birthday...



We were expecting a little precipitation this evening, but it's East Tennessee... usually that means rain. So can you imagine my surprise and delight when it starts snowing huge, beautiful, white flakes... and they stick! It was beautiful, and within about 2 hours we had about 2inches and everything was covered! If you know me at all, I love snow. I hated being at work during it, because I was dying to get out and play in it, but it made for a beautiful distraction! Here are a couple pictures outside my window at work, and then of course my house!











So pretty! I should move to Alaska:-)















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet comments about John Parker- he is a good kid. He told me yesterday "I a grown-up."