Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"Laura the Plumber"

I'm alive.... just boring. Since I don't have kids, go on exciting life adventures, or have multiple personalities I don't have much to blog about. I have had an eventful month I guess ("eventful" for a kid who went to Christian school, Bible college, highlight of the week is watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 every Monday, and schedules a year in advance working nursery for church). I still have a great job- with the economy and all the businesses closing I am NOT complaining! I've lost 42lbs now... only 38 more to go till my 1st big goal. But the very thrilling event happened yesterday. I am a girl whose depended on my father most of my life for everything. However now that I am a homeowner I am SLOWLY learning NOT to call Dad for help. So, my latest endeavor was my master bathroom sink. It has been draining eternally slow and I was getting pretty sick of letting it drain for 30mins just while brushing my teeth! I tried Draino... nothing. I got one of those "snake" cleaners... nothing. So this little 5ft girl from Virginia decides to take the pipes apart and clean all the gunk out of the pipes. I wrestled with getting them unscrewed for about 20mins, but finally succeeded. I had my bucket ready and cleaned out those suckers! Today I proudly announce to the world (or to at least all 3 of you that read my blog) that my sink drains perfectly and I feel very accomplished. I know it's not solving world peace, but at least I won't hiss and fume every morning while trying to get ready! I'm also sure that I can't really put "plumber technician" on my resume, but I like to gloat in my own accomplishment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that's one good thing about having a husband, they do the NASTY stuff like that.

The Tylers said...

You go girl! You are better than me, I would have copped out and called the plumber. And way to go on the weight loss! I need to follow in your foot steps!