Friday, April 24, 2009

Let's Get Fired Up!

Whew, it's been a while since I've updated my blog. My piano is wonderful- I'm almost on a 5th grade level now:-) When I learn a new song, I call my Mom and Grandmother and give them a "concert", and they graciously tell me I'm wonderful, even though they can both play much better than I, but it's still really fun!
I went home for Easter weekend, and was able to spend a lot of time with John Parker. He is such a blessing and so funny! He had me in tears, I was laughing so hard. I can't believe a 2yr old can be that clever and entertaining, but he is. I also got several hugs from him, which always makes life better. I miss my "cuddlebug" so much, and looking forward to spending more time with him.
I attended Dave Ramsey's Town Hall for Hope last night and it was amazing! If you weren't able to attend, I'm sure you can watch the replay on Fox News or on the Internet somewhere. You can also go to the website
www.townhallforhope.com or www.daveramsey.com and read his tips and find more information. He had me fired up when I left to be able to save and be completely debt free.... recession or no recession. I have been very blessed in my young life to have no overwhelming debt, so I am pumped to be able to start from a great advantage and hopefully continue to be able to stay like that. Last night 6000 locations watched the event live, with 1 million people. Most were held at churches, and it was empowering to think that many of my "brothers" and "sisters" were watching with me, learning about being financially free. Again, if you weren't able to attend or watch, I highly recommend finding it either on the website or Internet.
In connection, the Ramsey event was held at a church really close to my house. Currently it takes me about 30mins to get to church, and it's been hard for me to get really involved. The preaching at my church is amazing, and the people are wonderful, but it's never felt like "home." During the last year or so, I wasn't sure how long I would actually be living in Knoxville, so I was hesitant to put down "roots" in a church. Because I'll be staying in Knoxville for the foreseeable future, I've been considering switching churches so I can really immerse myself. Anyway, last night the church I went to was a great size (not overwhelming large, but still big enough to have several ministries), and I was able to connect with the "tech guy" and his wife. I told them I would be visiting on Sunday, and they were very encouraging. She even invited me to a "girls night out" in a few weeks. It was very comfortable, and reminded me of what I grew up with. So we shall see what comes of this. Like my Mom reminds me several times when a change has challenged me, "Nothing is coincidental, God makes things happen for a reason that we may not understand at the time, but to make His plan come together for a purpose." She is so wise. I left excited to visit on Sunday, and I feel like it's usually a good thing when you are excited about church:-) Right now, I need accountability, family, and more communion with believers. Just pray that I can find a good "fit" and continue to grow closer to the Lord, because He's the "One" I'll be with forever!
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John Parker has added to his repertoire now- "Mommy's boy, Granny's buddy, Daddy's big, Laura's bug." :<}

Yay about the church! Let me know how it goes