Thursday, April 2, 2009

Unexpected Blessings!

I have been blessed with a piano. I've been looking for a new hobby or something new to learn, but just didn't really know what. My sweet friend, MaryBeth and her husband Sam are going overseas to be missionaries and they need to sell and pack up everything in their home. Several months ago I had offered to keep anything they couldn't take with them, (but didn't want to sell) in my garage until they returned. MaryBeth offered to give me the piano! Even though I don't play, I thought it would be a good opportunity for me to learn. Well, this week the piano was delivered to my home, and I was so excited! It is in very good condition, and it didn't cost me a penny! It is one of the more fun, extravagant blessings the Lord has given me. I may not be a Jim Brickman or Dino, but it'll be fun to learn!

I also had a fun surprise when I looked into my backyard on Sunday. I saw that my tulips had emerged from their winter cocoon, and what's funny is.. I forgot they had been planted! Mom and Dad visited in the fall and Mom had planted Tulips in my back flower beds that had needed some sprucing. Please forgive the weeds- Monday I mowed and pulled weeds, so it looks better now!

Spring is a good reminder for us. Towards the end of winter, when we are SO tired of the chilling cold, dead leaves, bear trees, and dreary long nights, but then all of the sudden it seems the sun stays out longer, the earth becomes a little greener, birds start chirping louder, and buds begin to form on the trees. Flowers bloom, we trade our shovels and snow plows with bikes and walks in the park, and we tend to feel happier. We have the same sort of seasons in our own lives- things may be winter-like, depressing, and dreary, but then all of a sudden "Spring" pops into our lives and we are renewed. I think Winter is just long enough to make us appreciate Spring more.

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

I didn't know they were going overseas! Where are they going? That is amazing that she gave you the piano!