Monday, August 10, 2009


I decided my life was too boring, and since I really enjoyed making the rock climbing cake, I signed up for a cake decorating class at Hobby Lobby. Hello my name is Laura, and I'm addicted to Hobby Lobby. I've always enjoyed HL, but that was before I walked the isles of the cake decorating paraphernalia. I had no idea how much stuff there was to choose from, but now that I have every icing tip available... my life is complete. Marriage- you can keep it. Children- I can borrow other people's kids. Successful career- who needs it. But now that I know how to make buttercream icing from scratch... I need none of those things to make me complete. OK, I'm getting carried away, but this new hobby of mine really is very relaxing, fun, and sweet.


But really.... Hobby Lobby I love you. Call me......:-)

This cake I made for my Mema this weekend. Honestly it was just to practice my skills, and an excuse to make more icing, but it was really good, and she loved the gesture.












I made this cake in class Monday night, and it was REALLY tasty!














I'm not an expert, but if you need a cake give me a call.

And Hobby Lobby, I'll see you again later this week.... MUAH.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see, we'll need a cake for John Parker's 3rd birthday in Jan. I'll keep you posted on what theme. :<} You're hired.

Laura said...

I'll plan on it! Whatever you want, I'll try to do! It's fun, and strangely relaxing!