
Because because becaaaasssseee... because of the wonderful things he does! At least I am seeing the Wizard of Oz Broadway tour tomorrow night and I am so excited! Originally I didn't think I was going, but then I decided to splurge and get a ticket. If you have been to my house, you have seen my Wizard of Oz room with 2 dozen collectibles, yellow and blue walls, curtains that match Dorothy's dress, and the child-size red sparkling shoes I think are the most adorable things ever, and I really wish they had grown up ones:-) Anyway, tonight I wanted to catch up on the songs, so I could hum along at the play and annoy all the people sitting around me. As I was watching (and singing along... and saying most of the dialogue as well), childhood memories of the movie, dressing up like Dorothy, and pretending I was skipping along the yellow brick road came back to me. One memory stuck out and now I shall torture you with it. I'm not sure how old I was, but Mom and Dad took my sister and I to a Wizard of Oz play. I remember thinking it was magical and I was absorbed into this faraway world and wishing the play would never end, because the magic would end. It was like a really great dream, that makes you sad when you wake up. Anyway, I also remember that after the play we were able to meet some of the characters. I remember NOT wanting to go near the Wicked Witch of the West, shyly saying hi to Dorothy, and then meeting Glenda the Good Witch. I told her "Thank you for helping Dorothy get home." I'm not sure why but if I could choose a character to be now I would want to be the Good Witch. Maybe because she was so darn optimistic? Because she wore a beautiful poofy glittery dress? Because she rode around in a pink bubble? Because all her munchkin friends were shorter? Because she could make it snow?.... No I think it was the dress. Point is, I am very excited about seeing the Wizard of Oz, and watching the tale unfold and Dorothy learning that "there's no place like home."
1 comment:
Definitely the dress... awesome dress. :)
Post a Comment