Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hello 2010

I haven't posted in a while, because I don't have too much to post about. Christmas was great! It was nice to be home with the family for a White Christmas. I brought in the New Year by going to bed around 10:30... I partied like it was 1999 huh? I woke up when the ball dropped because Mom and Dad called. Now that we're halfway through January, it amazes me how quickly time passes. I remember this time last year and all the hopes and goals I had for 2009- I joyfully reached some of them, I gracefully failed at others, and some I just wrote a little I.O.U and am continuing to attack them in 2010, but all in all 2009 was a blessed year. A look back at the events of 2009...

1. I celebrated 2 years in my house and...
2. I didn't have termites!
3. I killed a HUGE spider with hairspray (peeps it works better than Raid).
4. I turned 26.
5. I was "promoted" at work. It's in quotes for a reason:)
6. I lost an additional 15-20lbs, and then after #5 gained 20 back.
7. I had gallbladder surgery.
8. I got rid of my Rav4... (tear- sniff sniff- so many good memories).
9. I got a new car- my Jeep!... but I still miss you Ravy.
10. I watched Fireproof about 30 times.
11. I became a Harry Potter fan.
12. I decided a wanted to marry Harry Potter (the actor will NOT suffice- it must be the actual Harry Potter). Yes, I realize he is just a character, but I'm holding out.
13. I enjoyed several days of beautiful snow in TN- who knew?!
14. I attended the funeral of an amazing little boy who is now running around in Heaven enjoying his REAL Home. I am blessed to say I knew him and his awesome family.
15. I got to comfort a great friend when she had miscarried, but then rejoiced with her when she found she was pregnant again!
16. I took cake decorating classes, and have eaten about 4 tubs of icing this year... maybe I can't blame the extra 20lbs on #5.
17. I attended 2 weddings of two amazing girls!! Their husbands have NO idea what they got themselves into:)
18. I unclogged my shower drain. Shoulda been a plumber.
19. Nephew turned 2 and continues to exude cuteness.
20. I was given a piano and learned a few songs. Of course my poor cat runs out of the room anytime I sit down to play. Maybe I should stick with the flute.
21. I FINALLY found a really wonderful church! I had been attending a great church, but it just didn't feel like a "home" church. I had attended Dave Ramsey's Town Hall for Hope hosted at this church and have been there ever since!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! What a funny blog.