Monday, May 3, 2010

My Sister...

Today my sister is 30yrs old.... I hope she doesn't mind my putting her age on my blog, but 4 people read my blog, and they all know she is 30 anyway! So I am posting things about my sister that she may or may not know about herself... she's busy with a small son and husband- she has too much to do for multiple hours of self-reflection....
1. She is graceful in the way she moves. The girl could be carrying John Parker, a diaper bag, her book of coupons (that weighs more than her 3yr old), while in high heels, but she's still graceful. MUST have been those ballet classes... hehehe Rudolph;)
2. I think her middle name is really cool. I kinda wish I had gotten that one.
3. She's got great style- classy, yet easy.
4. She's got that personality that anyone could be friends with.
5. In high school I loved the way she sat at her desk reading while listening to Delilah on the radio.
6. I never get car-sick while riding with her... this may NOT seem like a big deal, but just ask my mom.
7. When she's upset, stressed, or just needs an alone break, you'll most likely find her in the pasture with her horses.
8. She always smells good.
9. I'm hooked on several book series because of her!!
10. She smiles bigger when she's talking about John Parker.
11. She seems to intuitively know when I need encouragement. Either through prayer, Bible verses, a envelope of coupons, or a random note.
12. She's very hardworking and intelligent- within her job, home, church, family, etc...
13. She's inventive with her cooking- thinking of something new and yummy to please her family.
14. She secretly wishes she could have married Garth Brooks.
15. She plays several sports... She's on "Team Edward" and "Team Kate."
16. She has a family whose crazy about her.
17. She's just as bitter as me about never getting to go to Disney Land.
18. I admire her ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
19. She's a perfect example of putting self's needs aside when someone is in need.
20. She was adopted... or had to be. She's tall and skinny, I'm short and chunky- HOW do we share DNA???
21. I let her choose the big room growing up, cause I wanted to be near the bathroom. Not sure why that was so important.
22. I never thought we'd love each other and get along as we do now.
23. She could work any job, whether handing out flyer's on the street or being CEO of a huge company- she's got the personality.
24. She is a great writer! You should read her 2nd grad work about the horse and the butterfly, haha- seriously she's got great stuff in her head if she was able to sit down and write.
25. The Pioneer Woman probably still laughs at "Philip Pooky Pie."
26. She should spend more time on her musical side... I miss hearing her play the piano.
27. The Eeyore PJ's will live forever in my heart.
28. I wish I had been more "present" at her wedding- but I thoroughly enjoyed making sure she didn't have deodorant stuck in her armpits. That's what sisters are for!
29. She doesn't laugh at my strange memories... just denies the ever happened;)
30. She's my best friend- and the best sister I could have asked for.

Love you sister dear!!

3 comments:

The Tylers said...

That's really sweet Laura. Don't you love having a sister? I am really hoping Bailey will get a sister one day.

PS: Go Team Edward!!

Laura said...

Haha- you're a Twilight junkie too? I've moved from Harry Potter to Edward Cullen.. my life is good- who needs real men?:)

Anonymous said...

Awwww that is the sweetest thing ever. :<} Thank you so much. Gonna defend myself on a few, though:

1) I was PRANCER
6) Yep, all you have to do is ride with Mom to appreciate a good driver.
14) NOT SINCE I WAS 14!!!!!!!!
15) I'm so over Kate. Edward yes... :<}
16) No they're just plain crazy
20) YOU are adopted, don't you remember the Martian story??
21) I thought I got the bigger room cause I was older. You're weird.
25) Still bitter over that. PW got a restraining order against me, I'm sure.
29) They didn't. Period. End of story.

LOVE YOU and thanks!