Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One of God's love songs

In times of discouragement God loves to surprise us with random moments of encouragement. I happened to be pointed in the direction of Psalm 73, and I had these verses already underlined from 2003. I love making notes in my Bible, because even 7 years later, it's still a new, fresh, undiscovered treasure of hope. Psalm is a wonderful "lift-me-up" book, and the entire chapter should be read, but I'm highlighting a few from the NIV version.

23 Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.
28 But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds.


**Note: Verse 24 is exciting to me... He's gonna guide us through life and then right into Heaven- how cool is that? Can't you see the Lord now, taking us through the streets like a Hollywood tour guide? "Here lives your Memaw... here lives Tyson... here lives......" Such a comforting finish line, huh?

No comments: