Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Lifetime of Blessings

It’s amazing how often I think my ideas and plans are perfect…. Until they stop working and completely fall apart. I tend to cling to what I think is the best plan, and when it begins to claw its way out of my hands I just try to squeeze tighter. I’m learning that God allows us the opportunity to let go of our ambitions. Sometimes He will rip it out of our hands, but mostly He wants us to learn to trust Him and obey what He has commanded us to do. In my experience, the letting go is one of the most painful moments I endure. The process of humbling ourselves is usually never pretty, but God adores when we become destitute in our own doings and display empty hands ready for a good dose of grace. When we humble ourselves, God is able to prepare our hearts for what HE has, and what He has for us is a beautiful thing. I’ve been an audience member to some very difficult and painful situations in friend’s lives, and even been a starring role in some of my own. I’m amazed when I watch friends/family go through something seemingly impossible to endure, but all the while they thank God for His enduring love and mercy. They are heroes of faith and a huge challenge to have the same “faith passion.” God is not a spark to them, He is a roaring flame. I desire to have that same devote passion for Christ. In the last 3-4 months, I have seen God working in my own life. I’ve held on to MY plans, gripped, clung, cried over, and finally after hearing Him say “Just let go and let Me be God” I opened my palms and let Him have what was not mine. You know what the best part is... After asking forgiveness for my selfish ambition, He blessed me and is continually blessing me! In ways, I never imagined would be possible for this insignificant girl. I’m sure I’ll think my plans are perfect in the future and will fall back into that selfish, self-focused disgust and I hope the Lord will (figuratively) “slap me on the head” and say “stupid wake up- I’ve never disappointed you before!” And I will give Him whatever isn’t mine and prepare to receive the gifts He has for me. I’m glad I serve a God who knows my past, my present, and my amazing future!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's about time you blogged again. :<} You write beautifully!!!