Monday, November 15, 2010

You Make My Heart Smile....

"Why are you smiling so much?" I was asked this about a month ago, and it made me happy. I've been searching in life for my perfect match. The person who God specifically designed for my enjoyment. When He was forming him, God was thinking of me. And when the Lord made me, He was thinking of my future. I've had great experiences in dating. God has always given me opportunities to learn, grow, laugh, and challenge myself to be a better person. My list of dating experiences is short, however each was meaningful. I am grateful for the great memories, painful moments, funny stories, and heartaches, because it's made me the woman I needed to be to be the loving helper to this man...
Like I said, I've been very blessed with the guys I've dated because they each taught me something valuable I needed for life and for future relationships, however I am so thankful that this man has stepped into my life, because he is my perfect match. I was starting to wonder if the concept of "the One" was a hoax, designed to disappoint single girls like me. I've heard friends say "I just knew he was "it""- and hoped it was true for them, but NO WAY was I special enough to ever have that moment. That was a gift I told myself I would never be able to claim,
because I wasn't good enough to deserve it. Praise the Lord, He felt I was deserving. This man is a 2-way mirror to the love the Lord has for His children. To prevent sounding like a blubbering idiot, I will not go on and on about how sweet, wonderful, selfless, positive, and genuinely kind a person he is, but I will say that I've made lists before of characteristics I needed or wanted in a husband.... he far exceeds any list I could have made. I serve a big God, who knows my quirks & desires and how to best compliment them. I didn't have to sacrifice anything. I somewhat grasp the love God has for me now that I have Randy in my life. I'm eager to see where our future leads and the other gifts God has in store for our lives!

I enjoy listening to Christian music, and found a song by Mandisa to be such a comfort and encouragement in any situation. The song "He is with you" touches on each moment- whether you are in the valley or on a mountaintop. I remember crying while listening to that song many months ago, because there is a line that says "He is with you, when you've given up on ever finding your true love. The only who feels like home. He is with you." I was so heartbroken at the time, because I really didn't think I was good enough, pretty enough, smart enough, or special enough to find someone who wanted to adore and love me like my heart yearned for. I heard that song this weekend, and when it got to that line, I teared up again, not because of painful, lonely heartache, but because I was 1) so thankful that I found what I was looking for and 2) grateful for having the lonely heartache in the first place because it's made me even more thankful for where I am today. God has taken the devastating ashes of my past mistakes and struggles, and has birthed beauty out of them in ways only He can do. The amazing part is- all this was in motion before I even existed! God was planning my future before I was even breathed life. Wow!! I've been a witness to miracles, but never privileged to be a part of one, until now. Randy is a miracle to me and it is only because of God's grace and unharnessed love that He brought us together to work for His glory. What an exciting future I have ahead of me....

4 comments:

The Tylers said...

Oh Laura.... that was beautiful. And I just have no words to express how overjoyed I am for you, that you have come to this stage of your life. I know God has great things for you two together. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Awwww and you're not the only one thankful for Randy!

Unknown said...

How did the "unveiling" of Randy go? Not that you have to give me any details.....

Laura said...

It went great Buffy! Mema and Grandaddy loved him, so I get to keep him!!! If Mema doesn't approve.......:)