I've started attending this ladies Bible study/mentorship and it's been incredible! We all come from completely different backgrounds, but the pursuit of a closer relationship to Christ has brought us together. We usually meet 1 night a week, and even though we meet after a long day of work, I don't get home until 10, and it's a night I don't get to spend with my hubby, I am SO excited to go every week and love what I'm learning. It's amazing what God reveals to each of us, even though we're in different places in our relationship with Him. Just shows that God is a personal God, willing to meet us exactly where WE are! He pursues our love for Him, and who wouldn't be excited to serve a God who calls us His Beloved?! I also love that God speaks to us, and when we listen to His command, something God-cool happens. For example, a few weeks ago I was going through the drive-through at Wendy's, and I just had this pressing urge to pay for the lady behind me. It was God speaking, and since I had the money I selfishly thought "well it won't inconvenience me, so why not?" I got to the window, told the drive-through clerk that I wanted to pay for the lady behind me. I told her I didn't know her, but just to tell her that God loves her. The lady's bill was a total of $1.47 as she had just gotten a lemonade. I kinda giggled to myself, thinking well that was a cheap random act of kindness. It always feels good to do something for someone else, so I was happy I did it, and wished that her bill had been more. Even though I left the drive-through... God stayed and continued to work. A few days ago, I went back through Wendy's on my way home, exhausted from a long day, and wanted something easy for dinner. When I got to the window, the same clerk was there. She said "Hey you're that lady who paid for that woman." I told her yes (and was shocked she remembered- what a good memory, huh?). She said " You have no idea what you started that day." I was expecting something bad, but she said that when the lady pulled up to the window and the clerk told her I had paid her bill, she decided she would be kind to the person behind her and pay their bill. Then the next person paid the one behind them, and so on and so on. The clerk told me she didn't know how many cars went through that day, but everyone paid for the person behind them until they ran out of cars to pay for! Is God not absolutely astounding in the way He does things? My $1.47 bill turned into a huge blessing for dozens of people... hmm, sounds like a familiar story that started out with a measly loaf of bread and two fish, huh? It's just amazing to watch when God multiplies a simple act of obedience into a tremendous blessing. I drove away from the drive-through with a big smile on my face saying, "YEAH Go God!" I wanna see Him do that again:)
In the midst of all this, I've been baking and crafting away. I've made Easter/Spring bird's nests, chocolate fudge toffee brownies, chocolate "Grasshopper" mint cupcakes for St. Patty's day, "Not So" Mini Banana Pudding trifles, and a pretty Spring/ Summer wreath to go on our front door. And no, I did not get to keep and eat all that good food! Pics are posted below.
In the midst of all this, I've been baking and crafting away. I've made Easter/Spring bird's nests, chocolate fudge toffee brownies, chocolate "Grasshopper" mint cupcakes for St. Patty's day, "Not So" Mini Banana Pudding trifles, and a pretty Spring/ Summer wreath to go on our front door. And no, I did not get to keep and eat all that good food! Pics are posted below.
Randy and I also got to go on a date! I had a gift card (thanks to my Mom) for Chili's, so we got take out, and went to hang out at the lake at Sunset. It was just warm enough to sit outside and enjoy the gorgeous evening! I took a pic of the sunset and of my super cute husband:)
No comments:
Post a Comment