Well, Randy and I have been married for about 30 seconds, and we are already planning to extend our little family of 2 to 4! We found out we are expecting TWINS a few weeks ago and are elated with the excitment of having not just 1 child, but two! I was prepared for one, but when the doctor said there were two little precious babies, I couldn't imagine my life any better. I was holding my husband's hand, and when our doctor told us, my head swung from the ultrasound screen to my husband's face. It was almost comical, as Randy had this look of shock on his face and kept saying two?...two? I asked him several times if he was OK, and reminded myself not to miss the moment we heard the heartbeat. I watched as our doctor showed me the tiny bodies and listened to the heartbeats. I of course, already overwhelmed with emotion, teared, and just thought "those are two children that my amazing Savior has entrusted in ME? They are going to grow to love Him." I want to be a good mother, who encourages and teaches to love and glorify God. I know the Lord is working in our hearts and minds to be prepared to be the best, godly, examples we are able to be.
We don't know what the genders are yet- probably November we'll find out, depending on how my appointments hit. Right now I'm almost 12 weeks, and feeling pretty good. Really tired and sleepy in the afternoons/evenings, like I haven't slept in days. I've only had a few moments of being nauseous, and smells can really get to me. I also can't handle blood/guts on TV or even in conversations people are having. I think my belly has grown slightly, but it may just be that lovely feeling of being "full" or bloated that comes with being pregnant. I'm going to the bathroom quite frequently, and I feel like I've won a marathon when I get to sleep through an entire night:) Although I hate to admit it, my sweet husband has dealt with some of the umm, ehhh "moodiness" that comes with the lovely hormone that keeps these kids growing. HEY I'm carrying 2! I have a reason, heh. I try to remind myself that all these symptoms are gracious reminders that I am being given the gift of motherhood. We have been telling family and friends, and even though it's such a happy time for us, I know it hurts many people. So many of my friends, church members, co-workers, etc... have had stories of pregnancy hardships, or not being able to experience the joy of pregnancy. It hurts my heart to think that in my happiness, it causes their pain to dive it little deeper into their hearts. I don't understand why wonderful people that would love and adore a baby are unable to have a baby, when there are so many parents out there that I hear have abused their children. Recently, a local family chose not to treat their child as they should, and the baby died at a year old weighing only a few pounds more than when it was born. Why that happens, I will never understand. In the moment that I found out I was pregnant, my heart knew the gift. Worries of financial concerns, day care, early mornings, and midnight diaper changes, are not even a thought when I think about holding the child that the Lord considered and created in my body. In the moments that I found out I was carrying two miracles, I loved them. I want them.
In the months to come, I'd like to keep updating the blog so my VA friends/family (aka my MOM) will know what's going on and feel a little closer in this fun time.
1 comment:
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my sweet little nieces or nephews or niece/nephew! :<} SOOOOOOO excited to be an aunt to these two. Fun fun fun!
Post a Comment