Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday Random...

Oh yeah, Fall is officially here!  I love this time of year, time to get out the warm clothes, sip on apple cider, the smell and crunch of fallen leaves, and the thought that some fun holidays are right around the corner. Ohh, it makes me so excited!  I know I'll have lots of time to spend with my family, a few days off for relaxing, and this year it'll be even better because I have the thoughts of precious babies on my mind to prepare for!

Speaking of babies, so far so good! At our last ultrasound in September, we got to see the twins, and it was incredible to see how much they have grown in just a few weeks.  One of the babies was super laid back, and hardly moved.  The other was really active and kept squirming and moving his/her hand.   I'm not sure if that will reflect on their personalities one day, but I am anxious to go back and see how they are again.  I was given the advice to drink orange juice or something with sugar to get them moving, so maybe we could see more. I might try that. We go back on our 1 year anniversary next week, so that will be a fun way to celebrate.  Me, the husband, and our kids!  I'll just barely be 17weeks along, so we probably won't be able to tell if they are boys, girls, or one of each:(  My next appointment, I'll be at least 20-21 weeks, so hopefully we'll have a Thanksgiving blessing to share, and I can start buying lots of pink or blue!

I am so bless to be able to say that my pregnancy (so far) has been excellent!  Many friends have told stories about being sick and miserable for months, so I am really glad to say that besides a few moments of nausea, I haven't had to deal with the typical pregnancy symptoms.  I don't tolerate the smell of Randy's deer meat before and during cooking, although I can eat it, which is weird.  On some days, I feel like I could fall asleep while working at my desk at 2pm and I feel really hungry all the time.  My 1st trimester, I didn't feel too hungry, but it seems like as soon as my 2nd hit, I wanted to scarf down everything possible.  It is kinda funny though, because I will be SO hungry, get myself a meal, but not be able to eat much of it at one time.  But then 20mins later, I'm hungry again:)  I think it's awesome though- means I've got hungry little kids in there wanting to grow big and healthy!  I've not really had any crazy cravings.  One day I did want fruit, so I went to the store after work and bought several things of pineapple, so at least it was a healthy craving.   Within the last few days, acid reflux has made an appearance a few times, but usually with some yogurt or milk, I'm good to go, so it's manageable.  Sleeping has been a challenge the last few days as well, because I can't seem to get comfortable, and noises seem to irritate me and keep me awake. This may be partially due to the fact that I'm not sure how to sleep.  All my baby books say don't lay on your back or stomach, but side only, so I think I'm just being ultra aware of my position and not letting myself rest. I might invest in one of those baby body pillows that are supposed to help.

Randy is the best husband in the world!  I could not imagine a better man to share these experiences with.  He has been great stepping up and helping around the house (even cleaning out the cats litter box, because I'm not allowed to).  And he's listen to me whine about my nausea and pregnancy woes.  He is excited to find out what color camo he'll be buying, because camo comes in either green or pink:)  He'll be a great Dad. Now, we're starting the list of stuff we need to get, paint for the nursery, and all the fun that comes with preparing for a baby!  God has been so good to us!

No comments: