Monday, October 29, 2012

Glad I like PINK!

Last week, Randy and I got to go for another ultrasound, actually on our anniversary:)  I was 17 weeks and 2 days, so I thought we wouldn't be able to find out the babies genders until our November ultrasound.  We got into the appointment and I am proud to say that I've only gained a total of 4 pounds so far!!  I asked if that was OK for twins, and my doctor said it was perfect!  I told Randy that we could celebrate by having a root beer float on the way home (which is one of my cravings)!  I readied for my first "outside ultrasound" (thank Heavens!) and our nurse showed us the perfect little heartbeats, their perfect little hands, feet, bellies, heads, and I was amazed that I could even see the vertebra of the spine. It is amazing how much detail we could see.  We asked if she could tell yet what they were, and she immediately found baby A's little parts that make her a GIRL!  She moved on to baby B, who was VERY camera shy, as she was facing down curled up tightly, but after some jiggling and moving the ultrasound around, we found out baby B was also a GIRL!  Two little girls, oh my goodness!  Randy and I had been thinking that we were having one of each, but I can't tell you how excited I am for these precious girls!  I worried that Randy would be disappointed, not having a hunting buddy, but I also realized that he may have a hunting buddy!  Our children will be well-rounded with their mother who likes to bake and provide them with doll houses, barbies, and tea parties, and their father who likes to work in the yard, hunt, watch sports, and do household projects.  What a great opportunity for two little girls to grow up as young ladies having an opportunity for interests in all areas.    And seriously come on- I have a doll house from my childhood that really needs some love:)

With the anticipation of their arrival, I am trying to remain in the present.  I really want to get carried away with decorating, buying clothes, and getting the nursery set up, but I'm also trying to enjoy the moments that I get to have while being pregnant.  I know that it is a 9month gift that I am given.  During this time, I am praying, reminding myself that these children are a blessing from the Lord that He is entrusting ME to raise to love and obey Him while they are on this Earth.  I found this pregnancy update from another blog and going to try to update it each week as we progress...mostly to keep my Mom updated:)

How far along: 18 Weeks

Baby's size: What to Expect says 5 1/2 inches long and at this end of this week they will be 1/2lb each.
Sleep: Depending on how much I drink after 8pm, I'm up about 3 times a night to use the bathroom. I toss and turn to find a comfy position and have to remind myself not to sleep on my back or tummy anymore:)
Maternity Clothes: LOVE LOVE LOVE them!  I have been wearing maternity pants since the test showed positive, and a have a few maternity shirts, but I'm still mostly wearing my regular tops.
Food cravings: Root beer floats from Wendy's, LOTS of milk (white and chocolate), and fruit occasionally.
Food aversions: I can eat anything pretty much, but I can not stand the smell of venison cooking. Gag.
Symptoms I have: Going to the bathroom often, having funny "accidents" if I sneeze, cough, or start laughing, muscle aches in my right inner thigh, still some ligament pain, and the stretch marks that I swear were not there the day before!  I'm practically bathing in cocoa butter, but my belly is starting to look like the I-40/I-640/I-75 interstate conjunction!

Doctor’s Appointment: Next one is November 19th!  (Happy Birthday Tara:)
Movement: Very little that I can tell. My first was about a week ago, when I felt a quick slight fluttering sensation.  I've felt some bubbly feelings, but not sure if that's just digestion or babies, so I'm anxious to feel a lot more in coming weeks!
Belly Button: Still an "inny."
Gender: Twin GIRLS!!
What I’m looking forward to: Feeling them move more, having my belly "pop,"  getting my cribs set up and the nursery painted!  Getting to see my family at Thanksgiving.  It'll be the first time since we found out they are girls!  I see lots of shopping for pink Thanksgiving weekend:)
What I miss: Nothing really yet- sleeping on my stomach and not having leg aches, but all the symptoms (good and bad) mean I have healthy growing babies!

Fun stuff: I love that we found out on our anniversary that we're having girls and have names!!  The surprising stretch marks make me giggle, because even though I don't feel any bigger, they are a sign that the babies are growing. I bought my first pink outfit last week!  Soon Randy and I are going to pick out Bibles for the girls and have their names engraved, so that will be fun!  And finally to brag on my husband, he has been so sweet and helpful.  He loves touching and kissing my belly and talking to our daughters.

2 comments:

Cathie Cardwell said...

Laura and Randy I am so ecstatic and happy for the two (or should i say 4) of you! Congratulations!!! God Bless you~

The Tylers said...

Love it! Happy birthday to me, haha!