Monday, November 5, 2012

Pregnancy Update

Just a quick update from me and the kids:)

How far along: 19 Weeks (5 months)  Eekk, we're actually halfway there! My doctor will induce me if I haven't gone naturally by March 16th.

Baby's size: BabyCenter says they weight about 8 1/2 ounces and about 6inches long.  The size of a large heirloom tomato.
Sleep: Same, depending on how much I drink after 8pm, I'm up about 3 times a night to use the bathroom. I toss and turn to find a comfy position and have to remind myself not to sleep on my back or tummy anymore. I seem to sleep the best when I have the entire bed to myself:)

Maternity Clothes: LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I have been wearing maternity pants since the test showed positive, and a have a few maternity shirts, but I'm still mostly wearing my regular tops.

Food cravings: Definitely Root Beer and RB floats and LOTS of milk.  

Food aversions: I can still eat pretty much anything, but just in smaller portions.  When I eat a normal sized meal, I get immediate terrible heartburn, but I've found that if I eat 1/2 my meal, and wait an hour or so, I can eat the rest without feeling sick.
Symptoms I have: Heartburn, going to the bathroom often, having funny "accidents" if I sneeze, cough, or start laughing, muscle aches in my right inner thigh, still some ligament pain, and the stretch marks.
Doctor’s Appointment: Next one is November 19th! (Happy Birthday Tara:)

Movement: Still very little that I can tell. My first was 2 weeks ago, when I felt a quick slight fluttering sensation and I had another "bubbly" feeling over the weekend. I'm anxious to feel a lot more in coming weeks!

Belly Button: Still an "inny."

Gender: Twin GIRLS!!

What I’m looking forward to: Feeling them move more, having my belly "pop," getting my cribs set up and the nursery painted! Getting to see my family at Thanksgiving. It'll be the first time since we found out they are girls! I see lots of shopping for pink Thanksgiving weekend:)

What I miss: Nothing really yet- sleeping on my stomach and not having leg aches, but all the symptoms (good and bad) mean I have healthy growing babies!

Fun stuff: This weekend I was able to go purchase the cribs and bought a lot of summer outfits for next year on clearance at Babies R Us!  It was fun hanging seeing them hang in the closet.  The next few days I am determined to get the babies room and closet organized, because it was our guest room and kind of became our storage closet.  So I'm quickly learning to toss, donate, and sell stuff to make room. Then I can paint, and put together the cribs.  My mom is also amazing and making the curtains/bumpers for the cribs. Can't wait!  And thanks to my Mom, sister, Aunt Karen, and friends we have been given SO many clothes!  I can't wait to go through them all and see all the cute little outfits.  Why is shopping for babies SO much more fun than shopping for myself?

2 comments:

The Tylers said...

SO exciting! I wish we were closer so I could help you with everything. But I just could not be happier for you. :)

Unknown said...

Do you remember the curtains and bumper pads your mother and Mema made for Amelia? I still have them and probably always will! I love them. They were such nicer quality and so much prettier than store bought stuff... :)