How Far Along? I am now 32 weeks and 2 days!
Baby's size? My doctor's appointment last week said Twin A was 4lbs 9oz and Twin B was 3lbs 5oz. There is a difference in weight, which could be concerning depending on why the difference. They say Twin to twin transfusion happens in about 10% of pregnancies, but it's usually a normal size baby and a smaller baby. In our case, it is a normal size baby and a larger baby. I was a petite 6lb something, and Randy was a larger 8lb, so maybe just different body types? This week I have another baby weight, so as long as Twin B keeps growing at a normal rate, it's less risk. SO PRAY!
Weight gain? I think I've gained close to 30lbs. I forgot to ask last time, but I have another appointment today so I might remember to ask.
Sleep? Yeah, about that. I am still getting up for my usual bathroom breaks about 3-4 times a night, but I also just can't find a comfy position anymore. No matter how many pillows:) I think this is the Lord's way of preparing mother's for being awake every 2-3 hours anyway to feed.
Maternity Clothes? Over it. Although I still think they are awesome, clothes in general are just getting tight and I usually throw my PJ's back on when I get home.
Food cravings? Nothing really anymore. Of course I still love milk, but I have a hard time eating much and it usually comes back to haunt me with heartburn.
Food Aversions? I could eat anything, but still watching the tomato based stuff and chocolate because of heartburn, but otherwise I'm good.
Symptoms I have: Heartburn, swollen feet, achy legs, and the inability to bend over or squat:) Anytime I need to pick something up off the floor, I have almost a car sick feeling, and I'm afraid I'm squishing the babies, haha (although my doctor assured me I couldn't do that...yes I asked:)
Doctor's appointments: Because of some excess protein showing up in my urine in combination with the different weight measurements of the twins, I am now seeing my doctor twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays. Thursdays are the big weight days, so keep praying little one keeps growing at a normal pace.
Movement: Lots of kicking under my ribs and right about my groin area. It's so funny when they are kicking at the same time, because it comes from all directions. I love it though! Still my favorite part of pregnancy is feeling them and watching my belly move in some crazy ways!
Belly button: Still and "inny" but it's kind of flattened out a bit.
Gender: Two sweet girls!
Names: Kaylee and Abigail:)
What I'm looking forward to: Holding them on the outside! Seeing their faces for the first time, because they've been so shy (or stubborn) I've only seen some profiles. And just knowing they are healthy and safe.
What I miss: Moving freely I guess. I will continue to feel large and miserable if that means I have two healthy, growing little girls in there! Totally worth every ache and pain!
Fun stuff: I'm not sure if it's really fun or not, but since we have moved into the "high risk" side of pregnancy, we may get to meet them sooner rather than later. My original due date was March 30th, and my doctor was going to take me by mid-March anyway, BUT since we may have issues with protein and growth we are looking at mid to late February. I'm aiming for late Feb, just so we can get as close to 36 weeks as possible. I really don't want them to spend time in the NICU, nor do I want to deliver at the high risk hospital, BUT the Lord is in control and knows exactly what will happen. I trust in Him, because He entrusted Randy and I to care for these precious gifts and how could I even begin to question His plan?
Other fun stuff: We had a baby shower at church that was SO much fun! I love other people's showers, but I am terrible with that kind of attention, so honestly I was dreading it. The girls that put it on did an incredible job and made me feel so comfortable that I had a great time! Lots of our church family and friends showed up to support us! Oh, and the frilly outfits were so stinkin' fun to open:) Can't wait to dress the girls up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment