Wednesday, October 16, 2013

8 months today!

 
My girls are 8 months old TODAY! (Hey I'm not late, aren't you proud?). I am so glad to be their Mommy, and every month they just get more and more fun. Watching them learn, grow, and find new things they can do is entertaining and kinda overwhelming to tell you the truth. It reminds me that they will need me less and less as they grow, but for now they do and I'm going to enjoy every second of it!

My Kaylee bell is so funny.  She is going to be our comedian, I just know it. She knows when to smile, laugh, and make a silly face. She wants to be moving all the time, whether it's bouncing, trying to crawl, roll, scoot, etc... she just wants to move. She weighs almost 18lbs, prefers to eat zuccinni, squash, and avacado over the sweet fruits (gets that from her Daddy), is really easy to tell when she's tired and can put herself to sleep pretty easily.  She's a tummy sleeper, which scares me to death, but she's good about moving when she gets uncomfortable. She has her favorite blanket that she scrunches up in her face as she's sleeping (no worries, I remove it when she is asleep), and she enjoys launching herself in the jumperoo.  I had considered getting her a walker, but there is so little space in our house for her to get to use it much. She likes being outside and going for walks, and her very favorite person in this world is her Daddy.  I think she's said Dadada, but it may have been a fluke. She was sick with an ear infection and then a nasty cold, and was super snuggly, which I loved:)  

My Abby lou is still the happiest, content, chill baby EVER.  She rarely gets jealous of the attention her sister gets, and usually smiles all the time. Even when she feels miserable, she still gives me the prettiest smile. She's also had a nasty cold and wants to be snuggled a lot more than usual, but it's been nice to have that extra bonding time with her. She's gotten much stronger these last few weeks, and is totally sitting up on her own, still does not have a desire to roll very much, but will study an object for 30mins without blinking.  She's going to be my bookworm I think, because she loves for me to read to her and look at the pictures. She loves to play her musical toys and again, will spend quite a bit of time figuring it all out. She loves to eat fruits and the sweeter veggies (sweet potatoes) and has done a great job trying to drink out of a sippy cup. She looks just like her Daddy's baby pictures, but I think she's going to be a Mama's girl, since she likes when we snuggle. 

No comments: