Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Life is Good!

Haven't blogged in a while, huh?  We've had a busy few months, but I wanted to take time and reflect a little. 1st, the pictures are from the girl's 1st birthday party and our visit to the Aquarium.  
We're One!!
First visit to the aquarium!
Sometimes it's hard to believe that I have one year old twins. It feels like yesterday they were born, and I was just trying to figure the heck out of making bottles, giving baths, and how to get spit up out of every shirt I owned. We're a year in, and I can honestly say that I love my girls more now than I ever thought possible. As their personalities develop, as they learn how to do things on their own, and when they snuggle up to their mama for a hug, it's all wonderful. When we decided we wanted to start having children, I had no idea what I was in for.  I guess I thought it was the next natural thing to do.  Get married. Get a pet. Have a job.  Buy a house..... and then have 2.5 children. I wasn't prepared at all, but I don't really know that anyone is totally prepared.  And then to have twins- goodness gracious, what was God thinking?  :)  He was thinking that there is no one that will love Kaylee and Abigail more than their mother. I've held my girls since day zero, in my belly under my heart and then in my arms after they entered this world.  When they smile, when they cry, when they blow slobbery raspberries, I just love them. I thought I couldn't love anything more than my family, my cat, my husband... but their is an entirely different love you have for your children. Maybe I had no idea what I was in for when the strip showed two lines and the word pregnant, but there is nothing better than being Mama to my beautiful daughters.   It's overwhelming. It also brings to life the love that my God has for me. I will never understand the sacrifice God made for me. How gracious He is. 

No comments: