"Jon and Kate Plus 8"
If you are unfamiliar with the show, they are a couple who couldn't get pregnant on their own, and had to have a little help. The first time they were pregnant they ended up having their twins, Cara and Mady. A few years later they wanted to try for just 1 more, but "ended up with six." Leah, Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Colin, and Joel. The show is worth watching, because they are a Christian family, who are completely real! They argue, laugh, cry, sit in the corner, and play. What a fun show, and a great family! If interested it comes on Monday nights at 9p on TLC, however you can catch it throughout the week as well. "17 Kids and Counting"
I must have a thing for big families.... Anyway, 17 Kids and Counting usually comes on soon after Jon and Kate Plus 8 on TLC, and they are a very conservative, loving, LARGE family with well... 17 kids! They have one more on the way, and plan to continue until God decides they are done. They are neat to watch, because all the kids are very respectful, have high values themselves, but are not raised to live in a bubble. They are real as well, but just choose to not be associated with the normal ideals of "the world." They are a sweet family, and it's encouraging to see a family witness their faith to the world and have high values that we all could adapt to. And with 17 kids, they are completely debt free- even their 2,000ft brand new house is PAID off! Pretty amazing considering their monthly grocery bill alone is over $3000!"House M.D."
I'm not usually into many sitcoms or drama series shows. House is comparable to ER, but is more humorous and witty. Dr. Gregory House is the main character and makes you laugh with his antics, sarcasm, and quick pranks. It doesn't hurt that he's not too bad to look at. New shows come on Fox, but their are re-runs several nights a week on TNT (I think). "The Travel Channel"
I'm such a nerd, because I love watching the Travel Channel. My favorites are Samantha Brown Passport to Europe, Great Weekends, and her older shows, Andrew Zimmerman Weird Foods, Anthony Bordain, and other various shows. It's neat, because for 30mins I can pretend I went to Ireland, Africa, or Alaska. I can pretend I rode a boat on the Thames, climbed Mt. Everest, ate fried turtle, or viewed whales in the big blue. The Travel Channel also helps me narrow my list as to where I want to visit one day and other places that I might want to reconsider... especially if there is no indoor plumbing! It's fun to see how people live in other areas. Sometimes you realize that there are people who live vastly differently than we, and others (even if on the other side of the world) are not so different than us. Well, that's really all I have. I stick to the same shows, and some I can watch over and over again! Thanks for reading about my TV favs!
No comments:
Post a Comment