Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Candy...

Creative New Project!......
I am really challenging myself now. I found this recipe online and I HAVE to try it! We are having our office Christmas Party tomorrow and I was just going to make simple cookies and put in a tin for our "White Elephant" gift exchange- but I think I'm going to attempt to make Holiday sushi. I love, love, LOVE (cooked) sushi!! Everyone at work also knows I love sushi, because I've attempted to convince all my co-workers they should try it. If you've never had it, you should try it at least once! Anyway, back to my point. I am going to get the stuff tonight and make it. You have NO idea how excited and fascinated I am about this recipe and trying it out! I'll let you know how it turns out!










Holiday Sushi Candy

Bakery pound cake
Powdered mini donuts
Marshmallows
Fruit Streamers
Fruit Roll-Ups
Safeway Fruit Snacks
Swedish Fish
1.Cut pound cake and mini donuts into sushi-sized pieces. Separate Streamers and make into a "roll."
2.Wrap with Fruit Roll-Ups. Top with Fruit Snacks and Swedish Fish.


In other news... I'm very excited about Christmas this week and going home to see the family. (Don't tell anyone, but I am MOST excited about seeing John Parker). I'll be home for 5 days, and I'm taking Jett (my cat). The last time Jett and John Parker were in the same room, Jett was NOT liking John Parker. Due to this, if you asked John Parker what Jett says, he would say "hisss." It should be interesting:) Christmas is fun, because of the lights, decorations, gifts, and yummy treats, but I've been very blessed. I was raised in a home where Christmas wasn't about Santa Clause, presents, or selfish wishes. My parents raised my sister and I to understand what Christmas really means. Yes, we recognize it as the birth of Christ, but even more importantly, God knew that the birth of Christ was just the beginning of His walk to the Cross.

No comments: