I know I JUST posted a blog, but I HAD to add this for all you out there who have to pack a lunch for either the hubby, kids, or yourself... I bravely tried this concoction this afternoon for lunch and it's delicious! I am attempting to lose weight, so I did the low-calorie version, but feel free to fatten it up:-) Take a whole wheat (or regular) small tortilla, and spread the middle with low-fat cream cheese. Then spread pesto sauce on the cream cheese. If you are unfamiliar with pesto sauce, it is an Italian sauce you can make from Basil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic, pepper, and Parmesan cheese, or, like me, you can buy it already made. I found it with the other pasta sauces. Sprinkle with low-fat mozzarella cheese. Layer with lunch meat- I used turkey (because I had it), but you could also use chicken, roast beef, or ham. Roll it up burrito style and microwave for about 30 seconds. If your oven is handy you could grill it until the tortilla is crispy, or bake until warm. Yum Yum!!!
4 comments:
What the heck is pesto sauce?
Good point- I think I might be the only weirdo who likes the green stuff:-) I added a "pesto" definition to my blog. You should try it, I love it!!
I LOVE pesto sauce- I just toss it with pasta and add some mozzarella cheese. Yummm...
CWT,
You didn't get the creative gene and I didn't get the cooking gene. Apparently LKW got them both!
Post a Comment