Tuesday, April 16, 2013

2 Months!


 I can't believe my baby girls are 2 months old today!  Wasn't I just put on bed rest for several days?  Wasn't I just holding them for the first time and enjoying those first sweet precious moments with them!  Wasn't I JUST getting home from the hospital and wondering HOW in the world I was going to make it through the first few weeks and how in the world anyone let them come home with me to be responsible for keeping them alive!  I feel like the first night home just happened, and I only slept about 15 minutes, because I kept checking on them to make sure they were still alive.  Now, two months later, I still find myself quietly sneaking in their room, making sure they are breathing, warm, and gazing at their sweet faces, overwhelmed that I've been entrusted with them. How God, did You find so much favor in me that You blessed ME with Kaylee and Abigail? What did I do that pleased You enough? I am so thankful for these gifts!  The last 2 months have been character building, learning experiences.  I have learned that I really like sleep and seem to thrive best when I have at least 4-5hours a night:) I have learned that I can actually carry two babies at once AND make bottles at the same time. I have learned that my favorite time with my babies are just after they eat and are almost getting ready to fall back asleep.  They are happy and so content to let me snuggle with them.  I have learned that whimpering turns into crying, which then turns into screaming very quickly.  I have learned to giggle at the cuteness when they both cry/scream at the same time, because I know they are fine, just hungry and impatient.   I have tried to remind myself that the 2am feedings followed by the 3am whining is precious and I should be thankful for those frustrating times, because there are many mothers who have lost children and would give anything to have even those moments with them back. I am grateful to have two sweet girls who sometimes need my attention at the same time, and the ability to hold them and comfort them. I am glad I miss them when I am not with them. 

At one month, Kaylee's favorite things are eating, sitting like a big girl in the Boppy, being snuggled close to my heart, taking a bath (especially getting her hair washed and rinsed), watching lots of colors and movement (baby Einstein crib aquarium and some television shows), and playing on the play mat.  She has learned how to roll over from tummy to back and sweetly hums when she eats.  She kicks the covers off at night and loves to sleep with her hands thrown up over her head. She knows her Mommy and Daddy's voices and LOVES to stare at her Daddy when he feeds or holds her.  And just like her Daddy, she usually sleeps through church:) Kaylee says she can't wait to roll over some more and would like to have enough neck and head control to start sitting in the Jumperoo or Bumbo. 



Abigail is still a serious, but sweet little girl.  She does not scream cry like her sister, but has a muffled barely there cry. She is starting to eat more and is out of all of her preemie clothes and diapers!  She laughs in her sleep and loves to be cuddled close to my heart, where she spent the last month when she was in my belly.  She sometimes enjoys baths, and enjoys sucking the water off her thumb.  She has very soulful eyes and I feel like she can read my mind sometimes. She easily entertains herself, especially when she stares in the mirror at herself. She recognizes our voices and watches us as we walk about the room.  She loves to be warm and snuggly and likes to listen to music or "white noise" like the humidifier or hairdryer.  She enjoys walks outside in the stroller, and has only slept through church once. Abby says she's glad to finally be wearing all newborn size clothes, but would like to get a little more meat on her bones, so she is a little warmer. She also would like to keep practicing tummy time, so her neck and head get really strong, so maybe she can roll over like her big sister. 

2 comments:

Liv Szari said...

They are so beautiful! Thanks for your comment on my blog, it's encouraging to know that others find encouragement from my posts! :) I feel like Willow was 2 months old just last week, and now she's already 8 months and about to crawl! Everyone says this, but it's so true...time flies by fast, make sure you enjoy every minute! Even the sleepless nights and 3AM feedings. You don't think so now, but you just may miss it! You are doing a wonderful job as their momma...and holding 2 babies at once while getting bottles ready!? You deserve a medal!! Haha!

xoxo
Liv

The Tylers said...

I remember thinking the same thing when Tyson was sick -- rocking Bailey in the middle of the night and just being so thankful that she was healthy. Love your perspective.

I so wish we were closer so I could experience motherhood with you. If we can't get you guys to move back here I might just have to move to TN! :)