Tuesday, April 30, 2013
A soap box...
Let's talk about sleep deprivation people. I'm tired. Beyond sleepy. Totally and absolutely sleep DEPRIVED. Do you know what the word Deprived means? Here let me tell you. The Merriam-Webster's Medical definition explains it best: "to take something away from and especially something that is usually considered essential for mental or physical well-being." My emphasis on the mental well-being part, haha! Now, I will say that I am EXTREMELY grateful for healthy, sweet, happy babies, but oh My I am tired. I have heard and been told that eventually they will sleep, but in the meantime, simple tasks like driving, cooking, typing at work, and putting contacts in my sleep-deprived eyes has become challenging. And being told that "My child started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks" makes me want to slap them. On the other hand, people who say, my child didn't sleep through the night until they were a year old, makes me want to crawl into a corner, chew on my nails, and weep. I knew that motherhood would cause lack of sleep, but no idea how that would actually affect my daily life. "They" say "sleep when the baby sleeps." Are you kidding? HOW? I can imagine that with one baby, you can somewhat get a nap in. But for some reason, my little angels are not on the same nap schedule AND seem to want my attention during each waking moment. Again, I LOVE to play with them and snuggle when I can, but unfortunately, while I'm snuggling, the laundry, dishes, and dust piles up. The bottles don't get sanitized and re-made, my hair doesn't get washed and my bladder remains painfully full. I do not know what the answer is, however since I am so stinkin' in love with my Kaylee Bear's snuggles and my Abby Lou's sweet smiles, I will continue to endure, try not to whine too much (except to my wonderful, empathetic mother) and try to enjoy this season of my sleepless life. However, I may choose to hold this over my children's heads when they are teenagers and want to sleep till noon. They will be up before the sun taking care of their mother!!:) Thank you for listening.... This has been a free advertisement for abstinence Every teenager thinking about having sex should have to work a week long shift at my house. One because maybe I would get some sleep, but more importantly they might choose to wait, oh say 10-35 years to EVER think about having premarital sex.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this post! I'm totally with you -- I hated the mothers whose babies slept through the night anything before 1 year old, haha. I so wish we were closer so I could come help so you could have a nap. :) Love you!
Post a Comment