Snotty Noses and Squirrels...
Well, this morning I learned one more thing about being a homeowner. I was getting ready for church and heard a strange thumping noise towards my roof. I thought Jett (my cat) was just playing in another room, but then noticed he was sitting in the hall staring at the ceiling. Then I thought maybe I just had a few shingles loose on my roof, and when the wind blew it was just slapping it against the roof.... but THEN I heard... the scampering and scratching. I heard the rodent scampering across the attic floor and then scratching the floor. It could be a rat, but the thumping sounded like a tail of a squirrel, and I figured it would be easiest for a squirrel or chipmunk to climb to my attic. So for now, I have a tenant in my home, who refuses to pay rent. If he doesn't move out on his own... I will have to exterminate the sucker. Sad... squirrels are so cute, but I don't pay my large mortgage payment to house little zoo friends. I'll keep you updated on the fate of my furry not-so-appreciated friend.
After my squirrel excitement, I wen to church and worked in the nursery. I think I wiped about 20 snotty noses, because it seems all the children were sick with colds or allergies! YUCK. I would rather change 100 gross green, stinky diapers, than wipe a snotty nose! I do love working in the nursery though. Since I don't live close enough to spoil my nephew as I'd like- I work in the nursery once a month, get my "kid fix" and then happily give them back to the parents and go back to my selfish, single girl, childless life. I appreciate the quiet time more:) But green boogers.... ugh!
This is random, but I thought I would post pictures of my house ( sorry the squirrel wouldn't come out and pose for the camera), because it's changed so much since many have seen it. Here are a few! First my living room...
My Dining area (that rarely gets used).
The Kitchen.
The Wizard of OZ room (aka. John Parker's room, guest bedroom, sewing room, etc...)

My Dining area (that rarely gets used).
The Kitchen.
The Wizard of OZ room (aka. John Parker's room, guest bedroom, sewing room, etc...)
The Guest Bedroom.
1 comment:
very nice pictures! is it Tuscan Tan paint that your crazy Aunt Karen has? looks like it from here!
Post a Comment