So I promised that I would fill you in more on the blog change and new things I have in mind. I enjoy blogging and reading other's blogs. It's amazing what you find if you just cruise through the blogs of friends, randomly, or from other's posts. I've found some really great resources like http://www.exemplifyonline.com/, and personal blogs regarding weight, Christianity, cakes and cooking, or missions- all of interest to me. Anyway, I'm losing a point to my point:) I don't post very often, because I never feel like I have much to post about. But I think I've come up with a gimmick! I would like to have a day where I post a "hero." Someone whose touched my life- not by doing anything seemingly extraordinary, but in a day to day sense. I'm thinking about posting on Wednesday's calling it "Hump-day Heros." Other days I would like to do some sort of devotional/testimony, continuing my cake updates, and maybe recipe/movie/book/music/entertainment spotlight? What do you think? Any comments, questions, concerns, snide remarks- I'd appreciate:)
Years ago, around graduating high school, I had a plan envisioned for my life. And at this point, my life is nothing like I planned. Somethings have been WAY better than I could have imagined, and others have been challenges I would have rather not faced. My plan was more predictable, easier, and less-stressful, but it's amazing how the Lord works in each situation to grow us, mature us, and understand that our life should not be Earth-bound, but Heaven-focused. I think God allows a little misery to invade our lives, so that we long for the day we are with Him. I recently bought Steven Curtis Chapman's new CD "Beauty Will Rise" and I recommend it for a little inspiration and encouragement. All the songs focus on God's continued faithfulness in the death of his adopted daughter Maria. His song "Beauty Will Rise" was written based on the aftermath of the devastating earthquake in China, and he describes the people sorting through the ashes of the quake clinging to hope for a better day. It is so much like our lives. We have so many ideas and plans we make for ourselves, but they are mere ashes compared to the beautiful glorious plan God has for us. It is when we are completely emptied of our own ambition and totally surrendered to God that He is able to transform us. Kind of scary AND exciting, huh? Well, my hope is that this journey to Heaven can be somewhat documented through this blog- maybe challenge, maybe encourage, but hopefully unite each other in our faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment