Thursday, March 11, 2010

More cake.. of course!

My new cake class is learning all about fondant, how to make it taste good, how to make it look good, and how to use it to make beautiful decorations. This was my "present cake" with the fondant bow, various flowers, decorating a cake covered in fondant. The cake was a basic yellow with a strawberry cheesecake filling, and cheesecake flavored buttercream and fondant... and it tasted oh SO good. I like fondant because it helps the cake stay moist. Here are some pictures!





I also attempted Bakerella's cake balls, but I wanted a "cake cookie", so I flattened the ball and then covered the tops in yellow white chocolate and did a design on the top. A friend of mine is getting married, and I wanted to play around with some ideas for guest favors. She has a really neat tree design on her invitations, so I tried to mimic that... then got annoyed and stuck a daisy on top- which I kinda like better! I think I'm going to continue to experimenting on this idea. Hey- they tasted good though, so isn't that what really matters?:)








No comments: