So I have to say baking cakes have led me to praying more. Transporting a tiered cake is a tedious process, but the Lord and I have conversations the entire time- usually it's me begging for Him to hold it all together while I drive 20mph and cringing at every bump. Someone has GOT to come up with a easy way to transport cakes. And I know it sounds silly to pray about something so trivial, but I think the Lord understands my heart to want to make someone happy and feel special- even with something as simple as a cake.Anyway, this cake was for a co-worker/friend for her bridal shower. I know it looks a little funky, but she has a laid-back, down to earth, friendly personality, and I wanted to incorporate that into some really cool swirled colors- using her wedding colors. My cakes always come out different than I invision, but most of the time it works. The bottom is a basic round golden butter cake with vanilla buttercream buttercream. The top is a heart-shaped double chocolate fudge cake with milk chocolate buttercream- oh yeah!! I've made her 3 cakes now- so maybe this is why she is my friend...:)
No comments:
Post a Comment