So I'm starting a fundraiser... for myself. I know it sounds selfish, but there are SO many neat things going on in the next few months that I would like to take part in- and just can't afford to do them all, so I'm starting "Laura's Entertainment Fund". 1st event I want to attend- the Goo Goo Dolls concert. I remember blaring "Iris" in my bedroom, loving the lead singers shaggy hair, and wanting a telescope because he had one in the video. 2nd event- Beauty and the Beast on Broadway (in K'town). I saw it in New York many many years ago and loved the whole Broadway experience. I recently saw Mama Mia at the same venue and it was outstanding (I use words like "outstanding" or "fabulous" when I feel I've cultured myself by attending artsy events like Broadway plays). 3rd event- The Titanic exhibit in Pigeon Forge. I've seen it being built for a year now, and I enjoy the history of the Titanic. I wrote reports, watched documentaries, adored the time period, and yes watched the movie 4 times in the theatre. And finally the 4th event I am desperate to attend (because I am pathetic) is the Harry Potter amusement park in Orlando- opening June 18th. I'm just asking for a few days at a hotel and a ticket to hang out at Hogwarts.
There are so many painful, crazy, chaotic things going on in this great big world of ours- it's nice to escape the tough reality stuff, have some fun, get a little culture, and remember that there are little things to be enjoyed, experiences to be grateful for, and see a little bit more of this big world of ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment