Today's hero is my sweet nephew John Parker! This picture was taken when he was just a few days old, and it's hard to believe that was over 3 years ago! I remember the day my sister called to tell me she was expecting.... I was on my way to my previous [horrible] job, and my phone rings. I answer, because I realize it's my sister, who usually doesn't call in the morning- so I figured something was up. So she breaks the news, and I immediately break into tears, because that's how I handle extreme happiness- like all us girls:) I was so excited, first because my sister was entering this new phase, and I was going to be an aunt! I have wonderful memories of my aunts and uncles and I wanted my niece/nephew to feel just as loved. So after the 7 or 8 months of my nephew cooking in the jacuzzi, he popped out into this world, and life has been better since. He's a daily conversation in our family, adored, and loved. When he was just a few days, weeks old- it was so special just to hold him, feed him, change his little baby diapers, and smell that baby sweetness. The Lord made those first few months so precious, and we are all so blessed to have a part in this little boys life. I miss rocking and holding him as a baby while he slept, but once he started crawling, walking, rolling, talking- he just became even more amazing. He's a perfect combination of his parents. He's got his mother's ambitious intelligence and his father's clever humor. He is this week's hero pick, because he has changed my world. When I am frustrated, upset, annoyed, or discouraged- I'll call my mom or sister, hear a story about this cool kid, and life is back in order. He hasn't cured any diseases, built any bridges, or climbed the highest mountain, but when he says "I love you" he makes me feel like I could do any of those things. Who knew a 3yr old could cause such joy in some one's heart? I am so grateful that he is healthy, happy, and will have the opportunity to live to glorify the Lord. It is a privledge to be his aunt and be a very small part in his life.Wednesday, April 14, 2010
"Hump-day Hero"
Today's hero is my sweet nephew John Parker! This picture was taken when he was just a few days old, and it's hard to believe that was over 3 years ago! I remember the day my sister called to tell me she was expecting.... I was on my way to my previous [horrible] job, and my phone rings. I answer, because I realize it's my sister, who usually doesn't call in the morning- so I figured something was up. So she breaks the news, and I immediately break into tears, because that's how I handle extreme happiness- like all us girls:) I was so excited, first because my sister was entering this new phase, and I was going to be an aunt! I have wonderful memories of my aunts and uncles and I wanted my niece/nephew to feel just as loved. So after the 7 or 8 months of my nephew cooking in the jacuzzi, he popped out into this world, and life has been better since. He's a daily conversation in our family, adored, and loved. When he was just a few days, weeks old- it was so special just to hold him, feed him, change his little baby diapers, and smell that baby sweetness. The Lord made those first few months so precious, and we are all so blessed to have a part in this little boys life. I miss rocking and holding him as a baby while he slept, but once he started crawling, walking, rolling, talking- he just became even more amazing. He's a perfect combination of his parents. He's got his mother's ambitious intelligence and his father's clever humor. He is this week's hero pick, because he has changed my world. When I am frustrated, upset, annoyed, or discouraged- I'll call my mom or sister, hear a story about this cool kid, and life is back in order. He hasn't cured any diseases, built any bridges, or climbed the highest mountain, but when he says "I love you" he makes me feel like I could do any of those things. Who knew a 3yr old could cause such joy in some one's heart? I am so grateful that he is healthy, happy, and will have the opportunity to live to glorify the Lord. It is a privledge to be his aunt and be a very small part in his life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He is such a great kid! But I think Courtney would have to argue about the "popping out" part. Haha.
Post a Comment